The National Association for the Education of Young Children outlines six key principles used by exemplary programs. They’ve found that common practices lead to successful family engagement. These principles are outlined in detail along with profiles from the exemplary programs.
The six principles:
- Invite families to participate in decision making and goal setting for their child
- Engage families in two-way communication
- Engage families in ways that are truly reciprocal
- Provide learning activities for the home and in the community
- Invite families to participate in program-level decisions and wider advocacy efforts
- Implement a comprehensive program-level system of family engagement
LivingTree offers a system wide solution for two-way communication. Using appropriate technology for parent engagement allows the focus to stay on partnership and success principles!